Under the threat of Coronavirus disease (COVID-19), it is important to stay healthy by keeping good personal and environmental hygiene.
While we stay at home and minimise social contact, we can help boost our immunity by the following means:
- Keep a balanced diet
- Adequate sleep and rest
- Avoid smoking and excessive alcohol drinking
- Practice relaxation exercises to relax body and mind
- Spend time wisely and engage in hobbies like exercising, reading, or listening to music
- Release psychological stress by keeping in touch with family members and friends. We can communicate with them through phone calls and video messages, etc.
- If you have chronic diseases like hypertension or diabetes, remember to take your medication on time and have regular monitoring to avoid disease progression
- Consider vaccination against influenza virus and pneumococcal infection after consulting your family doctor
These health tips were brought to you by our clinic’s family medicine specialist, Dr. Johnny C.Y. Lam.